Who we are
The Hair and Beauty Company is a company registered in Ireland (Company number 535567) whose registered office is at Unit 116, Eyre Square Shopping Centre, Eyre Square, Galway, Co. Galway, Ireland. Registered VAT number is IE3233529CH.
We respect your right to privacy and will only process personal data you provide to us in accordance with the Data Protection Acts 1988 and 2003 and GDPR privacy laws.
If you have any questions about how we collect, store and use personal data, or if you have any other privacy-related questions, please contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
The personal information we collect about you:
When you make purchases from The Hair and Beauty Company, we may collect the following personal data about you:
- Any personal details you knowingly provided to us through account application form, registration form, draw ticket, telephone or email, such as name, address, telephone number, email address etc.
- Your billing and delivery address provided during the purchase
- Your online user name. We DO NOT store your account password.
- Where and when you placed your order with us
- Location information and IP address.
- Your communication and shopping preference (eg you would like to be contacted by email and prefer getting only hair offers).
- We DO NOT store your PayPal or card details on our website. We will share transaction data with our Payment Services Providers only to process or refund your payment and deal with complaints and queries related to the payments and refunds.
- If you have an account and you log in to this site, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
- When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will automatically be removed.
Why we may collect, store and process your personal data
- To provide you with the content which is tailored to your individual preference
- To maintain any registered account that you hold with us.
- With your agreement, to contact you (by post, SMS and/or email) about promotions, products and services which we think may interest you.
- For customer satisfaction improvement and market research purposes
- For analysis, testing, monitoring, risk management and administrative purposes
- To provide our goods and services to you and for associated purposes, including verifying your identity
- For any related purposes, or where we have a legal right or duty to use or disclose your information (including crime and fraud prevention and any other related illegal actions).
In addition, we may collect anonymous details about visitors to our Website to generate statistics or reports. Please note: no single individual will be identifiable from the anonymous details we store for this purposes.
Any personal information we collect from this website will be used in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) effected from May 25, 2018, Data Protection Act 1988 and other applicable laws. Details we collect:
- We will not disclose, sell or rent your personal data to any third parties unless necessary due to legal actions.
- We may share the information we collect like name, address, phone number and email address with our nominated delivery company. This will happen when you place an order on our Trade or Retail website and choose option “delivery” to get your stock.
- If you choose “contact us” or “email us” option to send your query, we require your name, email and the phone number. We will keep your contact form for 1 year for customer service purpose. We will not use the submitted information for any marketing purposes unless it is requested by you.
- In certain cases we may use your email address to send information about other products, services or special offers by our mailing system. This happens only if you agree to get marketing materials from us or signed up for our newsletter online. You always have an option to opt in/out from our texting and/or mailing system.
- Your online account data (name, contact details etc.) may be processed for the purposes of operating our website, providing our services, ensuring the security of our website and services, maintaining back-ups of our databases and communicating with you.
- If you open the new online account on our Trade or Retail website or place an order, you will automatically be contacted by email in order to finalize your activity. The legal basis for this processing is to allow you to purchase products on both our websites and finalise your order with delivery and/or taking steps, at your request.
- We may use third parties like website hosting, SMS and email providers to carry out certain activities, such as processing and sorting data, monitoring website usage and sending promotional materials. Third parties will not be allowed to use our customer data for their own purposes. Please note: all third party companies that we are using, are subject to their own Customer Data Protection Regulations and may vary to ours.
- We may process data, activity and customer behaviour (“usage data”). This may include IP address, geographical location, browser type and version, operating system, referral source, length of visit, page views and website navigation paths, as well as information about the timing, frequency and pattern of your service use. This usage data may be processed for the purposes of analysing the use of the website and services. The legal basis for this processing is to monitor and improve our website and services.
Please Note: to provide website visitors the ability to prevent their data from being used by Google Analytics, Google developed the Google Analytics opt-out browser option.
- We may process information related to transactions, including purchases of goods and services that you entered through our website. The transaction data may include your contact details and the transaction details. The transaction data may be processed for the purpose of supplying the purchased goods and services and keeping proper records of those transactions. The legal basis for this processing is that you placed your order on our website and by doing that automatically agreed to enter into a sale contract with us.
- We may process any contact form or emails (“correspondence data”). The correspondence data may include any registration confirmations, contact us forms, special order forms, order confirmations or any other notifications from our website related to your activities like for eg restore password. For more information, please contact email@example.com
According to the GDPR Regulations you have control over your personal information and how it is collected, used, and shared. Your rights are:
- The right to ask what personal data we hold about you at any time. You can do that by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org . You will receive a response within 21 days.
- The right to ask to update and correct any out-of-date or incorrect personal data that we hold about you.
- You can update your online account and edit some of your personal data, through “my-account” page at any time.
- You can download a copy of your website invoices and orders from your online account. Please note: your in-store invoices and orders applies to the store data and are not available online. You can request them by sending an email to email@example.com
- The right to opt-out of any marketing communications that we may send you.
- You can request to erase or block your personal data in our systems. To do that, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or fill in the application form available on our website. We will process your application within 40 days from the date of your request. We may have additional questions regarding your request.
- The right to request from us to cease processing your personal data where such processing is likely to cause substantial distress or damage.
- For more information on your right to control and access your personal information, please contact our Data Protection Officer by email at email@example.com or post
Data Protection Officer, The Hair and Beauty Company, Unit 10, Ballybane Industrial Estate, Tuam Road, Co. Galway.
Storing Your Data
- We will not retain your data for longer than necessary for the purposes set out in this Policy.
- Different retention periods apply for different types of data.
- The longest we will hold any personal data is 7 years if you won’t request us to delete them earlier.
We are storing your data in digital form on our hosting server.
Embedded content from other websites
Articles and products description on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
Data security and breach procedures
We secured our website to prevent data breach with security software. Your passwords are encrypted; security measures such as two-factor authentication; and measures such as staff training in data protection.
We will never ask you to provide your full account or card details via email or text. We may ask you a question about the transaction if it seems to be suspicious, but we will never request full details from you. This is to protect you from fraud. If you receive an email or text claiming to be The Hair and Beauty Company asking you for the full details, please ignore it and do not respond.
Updates to this Policy